Friday 18 November 2005

job shadowing!

haha i dunno wad to say bout it oso..

i did learn some stuff la..like wad a cataract, blind eye, and tooth-in-eye looks like..and it kinda made me feel thankful for having eyes with no illnesses..at least not yet..

the first day i totally dreaded the whole thing..cos the doctor totally din care bout me! i felt damn extra inside la..but the deputy head of the centre i think was much nicer than the doctor i was attached to! at least he bothered at times to let me look thru that eye viewing equipment..and tell me stuff here and there..

second day..my doctor was too busy for me..so i din go..hahaaa and i woke up at 1245! omgg

and today! went into the operating theatre..it was FREEZING! i really wonder how the surgeons' hands dont tremble and become stiff in the cold la! and i had to change into the surgeon's attire! haha..and they made me wear this clogs-like thing..and the sole had all those pokey pokey stuff like those u find in old people's slippers! for massage or sth..and i was standing almost all the time looking at the tv out of respect and my feet nearly died la! so pokey and pain..hahaaa

oh and even when i wore that shower cap thing and the mask, that deputy head dr. donald tan could still recognize me!! haha i could barely recognize him from just his eyes too..

ok better go write my jobshadowing report before i forget wad happened..oh nway i sneaked off..cos i din want to stay any longer!

write more some other time!

2 comments:

  1. hi deb! haha... i cannot imagine you in the surgeon's attire! anyway, bet you looked cool in it! and you are so cute! haha... the way you said that the doc can still recognise u is so amusing! hehe... =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh i saw the cataract surgery also!! but not frm the OT, from the view of the surgeon through the microscope...they videotaped it or sth. IT LOOKS DAMN GROSS LA! haha k byebye!

    ReplyDelete