Friday 8 October 2010

my office desk


had more time on my hands yesterday, so i cleared my desk of all its mess & decorated it with photos i developed from my uk trip! had wanted to decorate my room wall like that, but mummy didn't allow me to cos she said it'd collect dust (!!).
but a prettier desk does make me look forward to going to work more, & it helps lift spirits! my buddy phebe, who sits on my left, told me as we were walking to the mrt after work, "deborah i feel very happy today because you decorated your table"..so silly right!! then when i offered to help her decorate hers cos i had extra photos she refused! she said she likes her table empty, but she likes that i decorated mine..hahaha cannot understand..
it's performance evaluation period now..i've seen some office politics come into play..because after all, compensation is what everyone is most concerned about at the end of the day..it reflects if all the hard work you put in is being recognized by your manager, and if it is not, it becomes a potential source of dissatisfaction & eventual turnover in the department. it's a tricky issue to deal with here.
will update more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment