Sunday 6 May 2007

Been thinking of quite a few things lately..nothing big or significant though..had this thought quite a lot, especially as I’m walking to work with the crowd..i was wondering how amazing it is that human beings are just animals after all, but in a sense we’re so much smarter that the other animals..how we managed to manipulate our surroundings, our resources so effectively, to produce the art of language, of using words to communicate..and how we, an animal just like a dog, monkey or fish, created a whole new world of technology, from which our buildings and all other home appliances arised..it made me wonder if God really created human beings as a separate breed..a unique and special species capable of so many more things…of delving into philosophy, science, the arts…its just too specialized that we no longer view ourselves as ‘animals’ anymore..and it tends to lead me to the story of Animal Farm..i’m not really sure why too..perhaps its my whole apprehension towards religion (which I don’t wish to go into here because I don’t know very much about it) cos I can’t decide if humans are simply an evolution of apes into a much smarter species or really the offspring of Adam and Eve..

hmm..and other things like an uncertain future..but I guess I’m seeking comfort and assurance in the fact that no matter wad paths we may all take..it’ll eventually be the correct path…even if it may not seem the most ideal now, certain things that we may seem to lose now will be returned to us in other more meaningful ways...

I do get upset at work sometimes..its scary how even in a non-business-like setting, there can be ‘office politics’..how people backstab each other..how people take advantage of others..how ‘ungenuine’ some people can be..but I take comfort in the knowing that I’ll only be there for another month or so..its not that I dislike my job..i just feel like running away from everything sometimes when I get sick of how immature people can get! that there is no real friendship forged..just mere talk for the sake of taking part in conversations..and how some people think they have so much more authority than others just because they received more education..

I’ve learnt to ignore things that I shouldn’t get affected by..maybe its escapism..but as long as it doesn’t make me do or think silly things, I think its good! There’re certain things that may not be the most ideal…I used to think that as humans, anything that we can actually control is possible..but I guess we have to learn to let go of some things if dwelling on it will get us nowhere..

Haha my post sounds more pessimistic than anything..but of cos there’re happy thoughts too! Like how I feel glad that I have certain friendships..and my family..I really feel very blessed…

Really happy to have met up with 3m today….very glad that everyone’s still the same..the familiar feeling of sitting together at meals..and playing our only exciting sit-down game, mafia..cos we’re too uncreative to think of anything else! Hehe..oh and I’m intrigued by how specific songs remind me of specific periods in my life..such nostalgia..i’ve decided that it’s a sweet feeling after all! :) and I know why I like surfing the net for beautiful scenery pictures oredy..cos it gives me this same feeling of nostalgia..i know its weird cos it cant be nostalgia since I’ve never actually been to all those places before..but it’s the same feeling of knowing that I may never be able to get to that place (or that phase in my memory anymore)….

1 comment: