Monday 13 October 2008

a touching moment

just that day after swimming therapy ended and we were walking our trainees out to board the bus, i witnessed a moving scene that really touched my heart..as always, sherra's dad came to pick her..as we passed through the turnstile, he was there, patiently awaiting her arrival..when she reached, he immediately held her by the hand, every step of the way back to his vehicle, speaking to her constantly with genuine concern..he must have asked her how her day at the pool was..i was simply overwhelmed by that unassuming display of parental love..which reminded me of how much my parents love me and how i always never appreciate them enough..how daddy would always ask me how my day went and how i'd sometimes mind his constant asking of questions..when the only reason he asks so much is because he cares for me..

watching father and daughter leave hand-in-hand, tears simply welled up in my eyes..no matter how their children may grow up to be like, parental love is all-encompassing, noble and unconditional..

No comments:

Post a Comment