Friday 9 January 2009

it's a new year once again


it's the beginning of yet another year, a good time to give oneself the opportunity, or excuse, to start things on a clean slate, hopefully..forget about all the bad memories, let go of any grudges, forgive those who've hurt us, and most of all, seek to be a better person!

that's what i seek to do each time, but somehow, i still end the year with quite a number of regrets..mostly about how i could be a better person and to deal with issues more maturely..and also about how i always am too caught up with my own life and never seem to be able to properly cherish the people who mean the most to me..

so, i will try harder this time, and hopefully, end the year with no (or less) regrets! :) i wish for broken friendships to be mended, current friendships to be maintained or even made stronger..but i guess i still can't impose my expectations onto every friendship that i have, cos it makes me an angry and calculative person..i'm gonna make the effort to have better control over my emotions, and to be a more gracious person, to forgive and forget, to put unhappy memories behind me and to never brood on them again..

i'm still glad for the true friends that i have now, however few they may be..i realised that many people, after all, are but passing footprints in our lives, whose lives are unlikely to intersect with mine again after circumstances don't hold us together anymore..but i guess that's something we all have to accept..what's most important is that i don't let those who really matter to me gradually slip out of my life! :)

had a wonderful time in europe, made beautiful by the presence of my loved ones..i wanna earn more money in future to take my parents on holidays to places they've never been to before! hope i'm blessed with the chance to.. :)

have a meaningful 2009, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment