Saturday 31 January 2009

life is beautiful

i've become the biggest procrastinator in the world. somehow i've lost the motivation to work hard and push myself, for anything..have i run out of stamina?

it's sad how humans like to focus and brood on their problems out of self-centredness and fail to realise that being alive every day is the greatest blessing of all..i'm so guilty of that myself..while i was in europe i did enjoy myself of course, but when the walking got a bit too much, or when the weather got too cold, i'd wish i was sitting and resting in some warm place indoors..but when i think back now, i miss walking in the cold, i miss every single scenery and moment i spent like that with my family..and so much wanna turn back time, and indulge in those moments a little longer, a little deeper. but even though i realise these things now, the next time i go on a holiday or enjoy anything else that is a luxury, i know i will never be able to appreciate that future moment to the fullest..its just human nature to always see the less positive aspects of things, even as we know we are surrounded by so much more good at the same time..the saying that one never realises the value of something until its gone is cliche but so true..i love my family :)

saw something which disturbed me a little, but i guess i've grown to become a little less immature and emotional, and have learnt to take things in my stride..glad i recovered so quickly :)

'pastel reflections' playing in the background is making me all pensive now hmm

i miss some people alot

glad i have some people around me

which leads me to wanna share about my beloved soo pei! first she kindly accompanied me to the lot 1 ntuc to get some stuff..and then she did something super sweet which made me super touched :) her bus had just arrived while we were walking towards our respective berths at the bus interchange..at the same time, there was a bus at my berth, but we couldn't see what number it was cos it was further away..so soopei boarded her 190 first while i walked towards that bus, only to realise it was my bus after it was driving off! i didn't rush to check wad my bus was cos short-sighted soo pei told me it was another bus (hehe)..so later i called her to tell her it was my bus after all! haha..just out of exasperation for missing my bus..i started to take out my article to read when suddenly i felt a tap on my shoulder and heard a 'boo!'..my sweet soopei had actually alighted from her bus after one stop and walked back just to pei me to wait for my bus!! such a silly girl right!! but its just like soopei to put others before herself :) i think if i were a guy i'll like her! hehehe

even though we may lose some things as we all get older, we gain others along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment