Tuesday 2 March 2010

my little cooking endeavours!

oh noooo almost half of recess week is gone and i haven't started mugging! :( and i got 3 quizzes on mondayy help help!! i need to find my motivation and discipline soonnnnn

anyway i've been learning to cook from my mummy! really happy that mummy has been showing the intention to really let me learn too! like giving me more autonomy in cooking the dishes..like even though she still has control over the recipe and proportions of ingredients used, she lets me control the cooking process! like when to throw in each ingredient, frying/stirring it, or decide when the dish is done!

at our cny gathering i helped make seafood spaghetti, and for tonight's dinner, i cooked katsudon wif mummy! in the past she would only let me do the simpler stuff like preparing the ingredients (e.g chop some onions, beat egg, cut up stuff) for fear that i'll 'destroy' the meal she painstakingly planned for..my mummy is quite the perfectionist..but now she lets me cook almost everything! yay!! i hope to be a good cook for my family in future hehe..


deep-fried pork chop! after marinating the meat, dip it into flour, then beaten egg yolk, then bread crumbs, and place the whole piece into hot (unhealthy) oil! flip and remove when golden brown.

finished katsudon! you have to boil the sauce (onions + shitake mushrooms + some jap seasoning powder) separately..after your pork chop is deep fried, scoop a generous serving of sauce and heat till bubbling..then place the fried cutlets into the sauce..and then pour beaten egg yolk over! and tada! once the egg solidifies, you can pour everything onto your rice! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment