Thursday 1 July 2010

a confession to make

i can't believe i've started online shopping! i realised once you start, it's so easy to continue :x in the past i was always held back by my not knowing the payment procedure..but temptation overwhelmed inertia when i saw a SALE on this particular blogshop and got 2 pieces for work purposes! i'm getting more and more vainnnnn

and just this week, being cooped up at home everyday, i had the luxury of filling up my time by exploring other blogshops..and i've decided to get 2 more dresses (DRESSES!)..i think i'm growing up and realising that my usual t-shirts and shorts attire may not be suitable for all occasions and venues, and am seeking more 'elegant' outfits..i feel sooo guilty admitting this!! am i on my way to becoming a spendthrift shopaholic??

i haven't even told my mummy about my 2 pending orders..she won't scold me, but she will surely niam "wah now know how to spend money already ar"..and i don't like her to think that way of me!! sighhhh

anyway, went to get my convocation gown on sunday..was never truly excited about convocation (since i already consider myself, quoting jingkai, a graduatED student) until i tried on the gown at serangoon broadway, a photography studio which provides convocation & wedding gowns..saw my reflection in the mirror and all at once, i felt a super strong sense of pride surge through me- proud of myself, my coursemates, for getting this far, and also for making my parents proud of me. it really IS quite a milestone in our lives i guess, especially when compared to graduating from sec school or jc, when we'd know we'll just continue to study, just more advanced stuff..this time, we're all being thrown out to WORK. i still can't believe i'm gonna be a working adult. i still feel like a small girl in my parents' eyes, i'm still so young!! hehe

gonna meet zk and his 2 RI friends for dinner tonight..1 of them is very shuai one! so i always joke with zk that i wanna meet him..haha..and usually he'll say NO! mainly cos he thinks it'll be weird if i tag along their 'guys' outing..but this time, the 2 of them are bringing their gfs *heartbreak!!* and so i'm invited. *rolls eyes* but to be honest, i'm feeling a little apprehensive and reluctant to go! it's my first time going out with them, and zk had made them out to be 'not as friendly as his other guy friends whom i've met'..plus this time their gfs (whom i have no idea what they look like at all) are going too..so i'll be forced to sit at a table and engage in preppy conversation with 4 people i haven't spoken to before! i also have a feeling that their gfs are those super chio and well-dressed kind of people, so i feel pressurised to meet them! i always feel scared of talking to good-looking people, unless they are already my close friends or sth..i think they will look down on me, and my lack of fashion sense or cultured demeanor..i really hope they turn out to be friendly and nice people! sigh, this is so weird.

went to my beloved enghui's house last night..dunno why, but i always feel extremely contented and happy at the end of each visit. we didn't do much..ate my wifey's cooking..i forced her to play the piano with me..oh man engsin you've become so rusty it's atrocious!!! grade 8 student!! haha and she was pok as usual..it was rather hot while we were playing, and she said 'oh you want the fan?' -engsin looks around- 'oh but there's no fan'..so kok right!! haha..and we started flipping thru her sec sch notebooks, which were FULL of tyz's scribbles and drawings (gasp!)..and a few guest 'dear diary' entries by me impersonating her & professing her love for KWA!! haha i forgot to take a photo of it, it was rather hilarious :p i feel very loved by her family every time i visit..wifey will always cut so much fruit for us, stroke my shoulder when we talk, and mr. wifey will insist on driving me home..feel so bad!! i love my ong family! <333

okie, i shall move on to more constructive stuff like honing my excel skills + reading up on financial news, as required by my HR!

No comments:

Post a Comment