Friday 9 July 2010

im really starting to feel the jitters! i guess starting the first day of work in a faraway land, away from my family and friends, does not present pleasant expectations to a less-than-independent me..

i have so many silly worries:
  • what if nobody likes me?
  • what if i can't fit into the outspoken, maybe aggressive, nature of all the new recruits?
  • what if i can't get ready in time and miss the daily morning shuttle bus?
  • what if i fall asleep during the training?
  • what if i stutter while networking with senior management?
  • what if my lack of current affairs knowledge makes me appear silly in front of the others?
  • what if i screw up the presentation we have to make at the end?

haha you know sometimes i just wish we didn't have to go to hk..i don't mind just working and working and working in singapore from the very beginning! i haven't even started packing, nor properly learnt the various functions in excel, nor enriched myself with the latest financial news around the world..can't believe what a great procrastinator i am..

i think the biggest message i gotta tell myself is: cherish this opportunity and learn to be independent!!!!!

the week right after i return is my convocation already..after that, i'll officially have no more ties to the student world :( i miss it already..i actually miss course registration! relived the whole 'excitement' when i helped jingjing register! she's always such a worrywart and scaredycat she somehow feels i click faster than her and got me to help her click from my home even while she was in stars planner!!

on a sidenote, here's a piece of advice to everyone NEVER to take lozenges (at least those with antibiotic properties) on a empty stomach! i sucked one in the afternoon, and was left feeling terribly nauseous the whole day, it's HORRIBLE! i had diarrhoea too, so to be honest i don't really know if its the lozenges, but everything started after i popped it into my mouth! and my mummy told me she experienced the same thing yesterday too..had no appetite for dinner at all but tried to eat a little at the coffee shop..when we walked back to the car i couldn't control it anymore and just threw up! urgh! haven't vomitted in a long time, but it was a GREAT relief man! i felt sooooo much better after that :D but yes, i'll never eat that brand of lozenges again!!

to all my friends, meet up and play when i'm back okie! will be back on 23rd july, friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment